Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sentimental Silliness

Now I can't remember exactly how it got started, but whenever baking with my grandmother and my mother and my aunt a certain tradition ALWAYS had to be upheld:  Flour must go on the nose!

Before Thomas left for Siberia we had some other InterAct missionaries join us in St. Petersburg.  Some of them brought us a really hot commodity--chocolate chips!   Saturday night before everyone's much-anticipated return, I decided that we really needed chocolate chip cookies.  I put Isaiah to bed and got to work!  The first thing I did, smiled to myself and thought of all the great women in my life as I put flour on my nose:


And then, being of completely sound mind, I ate a fresh cookie every time the tray came out of the oven!  Yum!

Incidentally, it's really hard to take your own picture while eating a warm, gooey, fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookie; just in case you are wondering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm...

If only I could make chocolate chip cookies instead of chocolate chip hockey pucks. ;)

CristyLynn said...

You happen to be able to make lots of other yummy things that would make chocolate chip cookies quite superfluous. :)