Monday, October 6, 2008

The Looks

Russians are a very interesting group of people.  You can be pretty sure what you're going to get from them in public--not much.  I've finally begun to come to the realization that I can't let the facial expressions or even comments of some people bother me; the looks are always scowls and the comments are usually about the health of my child--often very odd comments about dirt or cold or wind, that make no medical sense to me anyway!

So, I'm breaking free of the trap of worrying "what does that look mean, is something wrong with the way that I'm dressed or that Isaiah's dressed?"  or something silly like that.  Rarely do you get a smile from someone in public like you would when you pass someone in the States.  I'm finding this harder to communicate in writing than I thought.  Anyway, living in Russia will really help me in working on fearing God rather than fearing man, I think.  I'll let you know how I do, and you can pray for me.

No comments: