
I really like candles, and in the fall I really like spicy candles, for instance: Pumpkin spice, apple-cinnamon, etc. I was shopping the other day and got all excited when I saw that special burnt orange colored candle that I just knew had to smell like some kind of spice. Imagine my disappointment when I smelled tropical fruit! What in the world! And since that moment I've been searching and searching for a spice candle of any kind, even if the color was all wrong.
Earlier this week I wasn't being a very nice person. I was more moody than usual and not wanting to do anything and was very easily getting my feelings hurt and not being very patient. Thomas had planned to go out that day (even before my not niceness). He needed some change of scenery, so he went out to one of our favorite cultural escapes, Mega. While he was out he texted me this: "I have a little happy for you." This message made me cry because I knew I didn't deserve in the least any little happy that day!
When he came home, he pulled a few small purchases out of his bag, including a package of 3 spice-scented candles. He got a great big hug and smooch for his thoughtfulness and graciousness.

5 comments:
sweet husband giving his sweet wife some grace on her bad day! I'm glad you got some...before I read the end I was thinking "let me send that girl some scents!!"
Thanks for thinking about me! He said that there were even some apple-cinnamon ones that we can go back and get sometime!
Yay, Thomas! And yay for Cristy! I'm glad you got a happy! I'm going to decorate for fall as soon as I get all my cleaning done--hopefully in the next couple weeks. :-)
Next time you're spice-candle deprived, throw some whole cloves and cinnamon sticks into a pot of water and put it on to simmer. FAB-YEW-LUSS!!!
Well, if you send me some whole cloves and cinnamon sticks, I'd be happy to do that! They might be in this city somewhere, but I haven't seen them yet.
Post a Comment