Monday, April 20, 2009

Thoughts about the resurrection

This year we were able to focus more on Easter, and I hope to put up pictures soon, on Random Thoughts. Last year both our Easters were surrounded by travel, which meant we kind of lost them. This year we were able to follow some traditions from both our countries. We dyed eggs, we ate kylich, we made Easter cake, we fixed an Easter basket for Isaiah.

But I must say that I thought a lot more about Christ's victory over death this year than perhaps I had before. I thought about the fact that because Christ rose from the grave we can worship Him in heaven some day in the perfect way that He deserves to be worshiped. I think these reflections sprung up more this year because I've been thinking about heaven more lately since our baby is there now. How wonderful to know that because Christ conquered death, our child is already worshipping Him, living forever. God comforted my heart with these thoughts, I think, and helped me to worship Him. I wish that I could explain it better, but I think that I understand a little bit more about the power of Christ's resurrection, and it makes me want to know the reality of holiness now. I want to live for Him more faithfully!

Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed!