Freshman year of college. Sitting in chapel one day, telling my chapel buddy Beverly how excited I am that my aunt Flo was coming to visit me. She looks at me strangely, asking me why I'm so excited that Aunt Flo is coming. I respond that I'm always excited to see my Aunt Flo, while thinking to myself that we must be miscommunicating something somehow. I finally mention that Uncle Wallace is coming too, and Beverly seems relieved, "Oh, you really have an aunt named Flo?!" And that's when I learned that a nickname for your period is aunt flo, though probably spelled aunt flow. Hmmm, guess I was a little naive. :)
Anyway, all that to say that my body is getting back on track, and I'm really happy about it. I'm not so thrilled about cramps and back pain and mood swings that have been knocking me around the planet, it seems (Thomas could really use your prayers right now!); but I'm really glad for what they represent.
So now we continue to wait on God's timing and pray for our third baby, and well, enjoy those other necessary things as well while we wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Our kiddos have faithfully been praying for Slawson baby number three!
Thanks! Thomas said we should send them some cookies, but I think they'd be stale by the time they got to you, and our oven is broken, so I can't really make any right now anyway.
Hopefully we can get some hugs or something this summer! :)
yay!!!!!!!!!!
Thrilled to know that your excitedly looking towards the future. I'm sure that baby number three will be as much of a blessing as the first two have been!
Cristy, I would so appreciate it if you would remember Jeremy and I in your prayers. We have some pretty major decisions to make concerning Josiah for next year. The thought of having to send him to an all day pre-K program is just killing me. I know the Lord has a perfect plan!
All my love!
Thanks, E! :)
Christen, I will definitely be praying for you! I'll write you soon! Thanks for your faithful patience with me. Love you!
Post a Comment